To better understand the difference between WooCommerce and Magento 2 and transfer your data from the first one to the other, you are encouraged to learn each of them separately.
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce uses the primary operating features of WordPress and makes it into an eCommerce system. It is known as the best platform to make up an eCommerce store. 25% of the popularity in this sphere belongs WeeCommerce, which indicates its wide usage. Compared to other similar platforms, WooCommerce has some evident advantages.
- It is free. Moreover, the underlying operating system, i.e., WordPress, is also entirely free for the users.
- It is open source to use. Anyone interested in this may alter and adjust the initial code.
- It can add more technical features.
- It is compatible with all devices.
- Its themes are changeable, and you may adjust them according to your preferences.
- It is safe to use. Although it is open, all the resources are well protected, and all the security measurements are taken.
You may use WooCommerce to sell almost everything, such as clothes, jewelry, shirts, etc. Being a plugin of WordPress, it opens up innumerable opportunities for the users. To enable it, you need to download WordPress first and then activate the features connected with WooCommerce.
What is Magento 2?
Magento 2 is a comparatively new eCommerce store for purchasing thousands of items. Over two hundred thousand sellers use it in the world. According to some reviews, ¼ of all similar businesses use this platform. The vast popularity of Magento 2 is connected with a flexible set of features and various management tools, which makes the trading process much easier. The ease of management is another essential feature that makes this platform stands out. Magneto 2 is an advanced version of Magento. If you have already been using that, getting familiar with the newest version will not take a lot of time. Magento development company has done its best to provide you with the best experience.
Its tangible advantages are;
- Flexible appearance building tools,
- More advanced features to boost the fast growth of any business,
- User-friendly and adjusted platform,
- Loading is straightforward and is done within seconds,
- Maintenance and upgrading is much easier with Magento 2,
Magento 2 was built from scratch, and all the features have been upgraded, making it completely new. If you have encountered any technical issues, the support team will be ready to help you in any case.
How to Transfer Data from WooCommerce to Magento 2?
Albeit the advantages offered by WooCommerce, Magento 2 is the leading platform in this sphere. It is quite understandable because Magento 2 outperforms WooCommerce in many ways, including the features it offers and the convenience of use. Therefore, if you have been using WooCommerce, and currently want to migrate from it to Magento, you are highly recommended to follow these steps.
- Prepare your business for the transfer. Scheduling the best time for a migration is essential. You need to choose the time when the traffic is at its lowest point. The most convenient time maybe Saturday and Sunday or late at night. Informing your customers is also an essential step to consider beforehand.
- Decide on the date that should be transferred. Transferring all the data immediately will take a lot of time. Therefore, it is much more preferable to decide the prior ones and transfer them first. Such data includes categories, product names, analysis, and page URLs, etc.
- Create a backup for your database. Regardless of your level of experience, creating a backup is initially essential for any business owner. It may decrease the likelihood of losing an important piece of data.
- Install Magento 2. Download the application and set up all the necessary features. Then, make sure that you enable all the functions that you may need for your business.
Following these steps may help you save a lot of valuable time and energy. Once your WooCommerce to Magento migration has been successfully done, you may start your incredible retail journey with Magento 2.
An author of Namaste UI, published several articles focused on blogging, business, web design & development, e-commerce, finance, health, lifestyle, marketing, social media, SEO, travel.
For any types of queries, contact us on info[at]namasteui.com.