Why is virtualization is so popular? One of the benefits of virtualization in cloud computing is how efficient and scalable it makes the computational network. At the same time, the expenses to maintain a decent degree of security and productivity can be decreased significantly. As evidence shows, server virtualization and its varietals are used by more and more firms, with server format as a leading solution.
If you strive for flexible operations, prompt transfers of data, as well as significant security and economical bonuses, it is high time to get a deeper insight into what virtualization in cloud computing is. It eliminates the risk of system failure and lets you work with achieved resources in a wasteless and hassle-free manner.
Difference Between Virtualization and Cloud Computing
No matter how similar these processes may seem for beginners and novice users, they don’t coincide. The principles of cloud computing and virtualization are distinct:
- In a virtualization network alone, everything should be flawless. Otherwise, a single failure will be influential and cause negative effects on the general system’s performance (this drawback is eliminated when virtualization and cloud computing is combined though).
- Virtualization is designed for rather inner-company use, while the opposite solution will come in handy for exchanging data with outsiders, for instance, for sales and advertising purposes. When these tools are used together, the scale of your services is obviously leveled up.
- Virtualization is dependent on the number of physical properties you possess, while cloud computing doesn’t stick to your own resources when you need to expand the system. However, the use of extra resources from third parties can be more cost-demanding in the long run than finding the balance between the analyzed technologies.
- While virtualization technologies make users skilled enough for divergent projects through single dedicated hardware, that won’t be valid for the alternative solution.
This option is gaining momentum currently, and the following features it shares form the basis for such demand and popularity:
- Availability — the distinguished software offers a number of advantages and can reduce downtime for customers, letting them get access to the desired data even if one of the machines is temporarily non-available or even damaged. Its files are reliably stored and secured in backup servers, which also proves the system’s trustworthiness.
- Portability — this performance aspect of your system will significantly increase after virtualization technologies are applied. Given that they create a virtual server that is nothing more than just a set of documents on a land-based hardware system, it is only natural such copies will be easy to “grab”, transfer, or relocate.
Cloud Computing Features
These five fundamental characteristics best describe cloud computing as it is:
- Its services are precise and can be adjusted for short-term and long-term use.
- Sharing of the resources takes place in a secure pool.
- Access to its information is help on an on-demand basis.
- It is accessible remotely via the internet.
- This solution is distinguished by its fast elasticity and scalability.
Although cloud computing basically functions as a SaaS mechanism (namely, software as a service), it can be modified and perform in less traditional formats:
- PaaS — in this case, the platform itself is a core fundament of the system. Such a cloud environment ensures end users have everything they need to succeed, from deploying the network to supporting its lifecycle.
- IaaS — it can’t be called the most cost-efficient method, but it enables customers to truly get what they pay for. There are numerous subscription formats, and this solution will work more for those who are interested in short-term relationships with service providers.
Advantages of Virtualization ft. Cloud Computing: Security and Others
Undoubtedly, one of the basic reasons why people decide to combine these services is how safe and well-balanced they become when matched. The use of firewalls will let interested parties keep their computational resources sound and protected from unauthorized access, as well as other cyber threats. The data shared is typically shielded under encryption protocols, which also increases the degree of this solution’s reliability.
To ensure their system is less exposed to potential risks, the next practices will come in handy:
- Advanced encryption and VPN services will be useful, letting you achieve a private access channel and avoid sharing the details with other users of the internet traffic.
- It is worth it to set up a mechanism for tracking network data and virtual machine activities, and periodically review the log records to look for patterns that might indicate a violation.
- Your hypervisor platform will only become more advanced if you install unique authorization mechanisms. Access to some vulnerable data should be provided to assigned individuals only, and that is a crucial benefit of virtualization over simplistic cloud computing with its general login for end users.
Wrap It Up
It is not a problem to make your current network more advanced. All that you need to start is to aggregate the virtualization resources you possess, coordinate them through employing automation and administration tools, as well as develop a self-service interface for visitors. There are several professional third parties who will gladly assist you in constructing a cloud or transforming the latter into a more virtualized possession. Whatever your objective is, this way is a marvelous opportunity to literally double your efficiency and get prepared for the upcoming business growth and market security requirements.
An author of Namaste UI, published several articles focused on blogging, business, web design & development, e-commerce, finance, health, lifestyle, marketing, social media, SEO, travel.
For any types of queries, contact us on info[at]namasteui.com.