Agile teams are the future of corporate teamwork. They are modeled on agile methodology wherein a team manages projects by breaking them into multiple stages. This not only ensures perpetual communication with team members, but also allows constant iterations to improve performance.
In other words, agile teams are typically cross-functional where each member is expected to deliver the results as per the needs and requirements of clients. Such teams focus on one project at a time and devote themselves wholly to its successful completion. The ultimate goal of agile teams is to ensure customer satisfaction and generate high-quality deliverables.
To increase the efficiency of an agile team, teams must invest in robust cloud-based agile development tools. These tools help streamline everyday work, improve team collaboration, and bring teams together fostering great professional coordination. Not investing in one can be the biggest mistake an agile team can make.
There are countless tools available on the web that can help agile teams amp up their performance and deliver amazing results. In this post, I will be talking about 8 such amazing tools that are made for agile teams.
Let’s look at them:
ProofHub is a cloud-based project management and collaboration tool for agile teams looking to maximize productivity and efficiency. ProofHub comes with a vast range of features that help in successfully executing a project and harnessing the best performances. It aids teams that function on agile methodology by offering a variety of services like resource management, team communication, task management, inbuilt time tracking, and much more.
ProofHub is pretty easy to use with a small learning curve and a simple interface. It helps teams streamline their tasks, track progress, connect with others, and stay on top of deadlines. Further, it includes a reporting system that helps managers to generate individual reports and keep a track of employee performances.
Here are the top features offered by ProofHub for agile teams:
- Discussion topics to eliminate the hassle of long email threads
- Present data in an organized way through the table view
- Divide tasks into workflow stages through Kanban boards
- Visualize your project in a timeline view
- Add reminders in the calendar
- Bring all files and documents to a central place to avoid confusion
- Define custom roles and control access to information
- Group and individual chat options
- Markup online proofing tools for reviews
- Integrations with third-party software
- Track time and billable hours through timesheets
- Detailed resource and project reports
JIRA is a top-notch project management software for agile teams, that helps them collaborate and deliver the best results. From IT companies to marketing and business enterprises, JIRA is a great tool for all kinds of teams. It helps high-performing teams plan agile sprints, identify loopholes, and prioritize tasks as per requirements.
Here is a list of the top features of this software that are most commonly used by agile teams:
- Customizable scrum and kanban boards
- Communicating plans with clients through Jira software cloud
- Actionable insights and agile reporting
- Portfolio management
- Developer tools integrations
- Automate processes with Jira’s API
- Customizable workflows for all kinds of tasks
- Milestone tracking
- Extend the capacity of Jira with 3000+ apps
Another amazing project management tool, monday.com is highly popular among agile teams looking to collaborate and deliver projects successfully. monday.com imparts flexibility to teams and helps them effectively execute complex projects and stay on top of deadlines.
From managing a single project to working on multiple projects, the software keeps teams sorted and eliminates the scope of errors. The tool comes with a variety of features that make teamwork fun and accessible. It helps teams communicate, share data, create a knowledge base, track progress, and automate recurring tasks.
To clarify things further, here is a list of top features that this software has to offer:
- Workflow management and user access controls
- Activity logging and automation
- Project and individual time tracking
- Visual progress display
- Pipe drive integration
- Integrated kanban board
- Cross-origin resource sharing (CORS) request
Anyone working in an agile team might’ve heard about Asana, a leading cloud-based project management and collaboration tool that fits the needs and requirements of a team. From executing daily tasks to devising strategies and working in an agile team, Asana is a model tool in all respects.
Asana’s fluid and modern design and intuitive interface are some of the biggest upsides for users. It effectively handles bigger teams as well as the intricate nitty-gritty of project management and collaboration. Even though Asana does not come with native time-tracking or various advanced project management features yet it is flexible and adaptable to the needs of a team. It offers users a vast variety of features which have made it one the most popular management tools.
Here are the chief features Asana has to offer:
- Goal and task management
- Employee activity monitoring
- Remote support and access
- Task prioritization and automation
- Custom built-in templates
- Resource management and scheduling
- Robust timeline view
- Project map and planning
- Drag & Drop dependencies
nTask is the perfect tool for high-performing agile teams that always want to stay on top of their game. A highly rated project management software, nTask is popular for having some smart features. From scheduling and management to tracking and reporting, nTask simplifies all the aspects of agile task management.
Here is the list of top features that this software has to offer:
- Task and progress tracking
- Resource allocation and budgeting
- Collaborate on documents with quick sharing
- File management
- Gantt charts
- To-do lists and task dependencies
- Time tracking
- Risk management
Trello is a cloud-based Kanban-style product management tool that is widely popular among organizations across the world. Trello allows users to create task boards with multiple columns that include task statuses such as To-do, Done, and In-Progress. Users can also create custom “Trello Cards” and add comments, attachments, due dates, labels, tags, and much more to them.
Trello is based on the principle of functionality and accessibility which is often considered its USP. Trello offers a vast variety of features and a small learning curve which make it ideal for teams looking to work with an uncomplicated tool.
The top features of Trello are:
- In-line editing and file attachment
- Progress tracking and progress meter checklist
- Intuitive software with an accessible interface
- Custom workflow automation with a Butler
- Third-party integrations and power-ups
- Easy to organize and access with labels, tags, and comments
- Activity logs and deadline alerts
- 24*7 customer support
Wrike is a highly acclaimed agile collaboration tool with over 2 million trusted users around the world. It is a cloud-based project management tool that lays considerable emphasis on effective communication among teams.
is a great tool for remote working agile teams as it offers a myriad range of features that make collaboration within a team easy. It has customizable features to suit the individual and team needs and is a perfect fit for midsize and enterp[rise organizations that rely on vigorous team planning and communication.
The top features offered by Wrike are:
- Workflow automation and dynamic dashboards
- Task ranking and task prioritization
- Third-party integrations
- Customize tools as per your team’s requirements
- Eliminating silos with complete visibility across all departments
- Interactive Gantt charts and Kanban boards
- Per-built workflow templates
- Visual proofing and advanced analytics
- Project portfolio management
Basecamp is a web-based collaboration and management tool that helps teams streamline office operations and maintain a steady flow of communication among teams. Basecamp helps teams compartmentalize their daily work into projects which eliminates the hassle of long email threads. It is essentially a communication and collaboration tool but has various other features as well. Users can access Basecamp via mobile application as well as on their web browser.
Here are a few major features Basecamp has to offer:
- A dedicated message board for announcements, pitches, and progress updates
- To-do lists
- Tracking priorities and actionable items
- Shared schedule with iCal, Google Cal & Outlook
- File sharing and transfer
- Automated check-ins for team members
- Super accessible and easy interface
- Track work with exclusive Hill Charts
- Grant complete client access
Online collaboration and management tools can be a game-changer for agile teams looking to enhance their performance and fostering better coordination. These tools help streamline projects, improve communication, and ultimately help in the timely delivery of expected results.
Agile software development teams often need a powerful software for it can be challenging to bring design and development teams on the same page. Hence, it is in the best interest of agile teams to upgrade their workflow utilizing a robust tool with ample features.
Here’s hoping that this article is resplendent with ample information about the best management and collaboration tools in the market for all kinds of teams.
Nandini Sharma is the Assistant Marketing Manager at ProofHub, project management software. Nandini brings close to a decade of experience in the field, and has successfully executed a number of brand building and marketing campaigns throughout her career. A specialist in the field of marketing, Nandini is well-versed with technical know-how, and always stays on top of the latest trends in the digital world. You will find her constantly putting marketing strategies into motion with perfection. Over the years, she has triumphantly created a wide base of the audience on a number of popular online platforms. When she is not busy in penning down out-of-the-box marketing ideas, she can be found channeling her creativity into art and craft activities.