Crafting a successful social media strategy is what you will exactly need for your business to grow. It solidifies your branding, generating high-quality leads, and sales. But it can also be a huge waste of your time.
So, the key here is how you can create, carry out, and measure your entire plan strategically.
For you to be able to create a successful social media strategy, you need to overcome the most common challenges. You also need to invest your time, carve out the right content, and know-how to properly measure metrics.
So, you need to have a step-by-step plan in mind. Here are some easy tips on how you can run a successful social media advertising strategy for your business:
Identify Your Goals
Before you start carrying out your plans, you must first set the right goals. Utilize a SMART goal so that you can build a foundation for a successful social media marketing campaign.
- Specific: Do not pursue vague goals that are not in line with your business or company’s objective. Your goals must nail down precisely what is expected of that specific initiative.
- Measurable: From being able to transition “yes we’ve hit a goal” to “yes, we were able to pursue our goals by 20 percent” should be the standard.
- Attainable: Do not set goals that are impossible or even out of reach. This can be frustrating and demoralizing on your end.
- Relevant: Your goals should be directly related to your marketing’s overall goal. Do you want to boost your site traffic? Build a larger audience? Strengthen your online presence? Ensure that the goals that you pick are related to the overall picture.
- Timely: Dates and times keep you accountable with your goals and to stay on track.
Select the Best Platform
A common mistake a lot of marketers make is to grow their following on multiple platforms, all at once.
Facebook is the largest social networking platform, of course. LinkedIn is also excellent for businesses who want to grow their social media presence. But what you should really ask yourself is the following:
Who are the people that need your products and service?
Do you sell directly to customers?
Do you want to reach out to a younger demographic?
Are you marketing to other companies?
Depending on your answers, you will be able to figure out which social media platform you should prioritize. The key here, though, is that you should not spread yourself too thin.
Where can you find your competitors? Research and figure out the platforms that your competitors are using. Observe their presence there, and take a close look at their followers.
When you see that they have tons of engagement and followers on those particular platforms, then maybe you should add those channels on top of your list as well.
Share Relevant Content
According to Voy Media, “The copy of your ad and other media, such as images and videos, will determine how effective it is. Humans are visual creatures, and if you don’t have a compelling video or picture that will grab their attention, then your ad will likely be buried along with hundreds or thousands of other ads.”
But it is not just your photos and videos that should grab your audience’s attention. It should also tie well with your business’ message and content so that your audience can better understand the purpose behind the ad.
An excellent social media initiative should be delivered consistently. Throwing in a video or blog post here, and there will not help you create a successful marketing strategy.
- Create compelling content. Always keep the target audience in mind when creating your content. Excellent choices are webinar invitations, white papers, and blogs.
- Curate content. Publish industry-related articles and information written by others in your specific industry so that you can craft your social media calendar. Avoid being too sales-y as it instantly turns your people off.
- Listen. Some tools allow you to listen to what your target audience and competitors are talking about and will guide you on what you should be publishing online.
Choose the Right and Helpful Apps
Some different low-cost tools and apps will help you create a successful and professional social media campaign. Aside from that, you could also run easy and straightforward campaigns, like “share this post for a chance to win.” Then you can add contests, coupons, and other exclusive offers on the mix.
Influencers are people who have a large following on social media.
Half of the buyers these days seek out influencer reviews first before they decide to buy a product. That’s how important a recommendation of an influencer is.
Most people already trust these influencers. They have established credibility and trust with your target audience that’s why these influencers’ recommendations matter most to them. So, find out the professionals and experts behind the products you are selling.
Engage and Grow Your Audience
For you to be able to run a successful social media marketing campaign, you need to find ways to engage and grow your current audience. It helps that you personally respond and answer questions, address issues should they arise, like and comment posts.
Utilize relevant hashtags in your niche to make it discoverable and add links on your posts. Link your website, CTAs, and blogs that will encourage your audience to take action.
Also, the more people who will see your message, the greater will your results be.
Track Your Results and Improve
During the entire life of your campaign, even after it ends, measure your success metrics. Did it meet your goals? If not, what are the things that you could have done better? What seemed to work well, and what are the ones that did not?
Moreover, you have various versions of your campaign and conduct A/B testing. That way, you will see if various visuals, copies, and ad types work relatively better.
Over to You
Creating a successful social media campaign requires careful planning and putting it all together to have a sound strategy. The following tips we have mentioned will help you successfully launch a social media marketing campaign off the ground with a bang!