Nowadays, businesses and individuals use free services of Google, including Google Drive, Gmail and Google Voice. Fortunately, you can use these services to send and receive faxes online. With the help of online fax services, you can send faxes with laptop, tablet, PC and smartphone.
You can use the voice number of Google to send faxes. You have to unlock your number of Google Voice and use it to receive and send faxes on a virtual line. See these instructions to use Google Voice, Gmail and Google Drive.
Send Fax from Google Voice via CocoFax
With smart telephone service of Google, you can combine different accounts in one. Google Voice allows you to send and receive text messages, voice messages and calls without any geographical restriction.
Remember, you can receive and send a fax on the Google Voice Number. For this purpose, you will need CocoFax as a fax service provider. Visit their official website to view CocoFax monthly and yearly plans and avail their services.
If you want to use Google Voice for fax communications, you have to unblock your number. Port your number to CocoFax because this service provider needs some documents to register your Google Voice number. See these details.
Unlock Google Voice Number for CocoFax
- Visit, unlock page of Google Voice and sign in to your account.
- Choose a Google Voice number to unlock it.
- Tap “Unlock” under your number and confirm that you want to unlock this number by tapping on “Continue”.
- You have to pay $3 after signing in to Google Wallet. It is a fee to unblock your number.
- Check your email to confirm if you get a payment receipt.
Port Google Voice Number to CocoFax
- After unlocking your number, you can port your number to CocoFax. See these instructions.
- In the first step, you have to fill in an online form to submit a request to port your number.
- CocoFax will evaluate the eligibility of your number and verify if it can be ported to their network.
- Sometimes, they need extra documents to complete this procedure. They may ask you to upgrade on their subscription packages, such as business or premium.
- Once your number is ported, you will get its confirmation from CocoFax network.
Send and Receive Faxes with CocoFax
Now you are ready to use Google Voice Number to send fax from Google drive through CocoFax. Make sure to give your ported Google Voice number to senders. Open a web browser to browse CocoFax web app.
- Log in to a CocoFax account and choose “My Faxes – Inbox”.
- Check inbox to see faxes on your number.
- Tap on a row to open received faxes and download attachments, if desired.
You can send faxes in a similar method by tapping on “Send Fax”. In the “TO” field, you will type the number of the recipient. Type in your message in a field “Cover Letter”. Click on a “+” sign to add your attachment. After composing your fax, you have to click “Send”.
Send Fax from Gmail
With CocoFax, you can send your faxes as an email. Faxing through Gmail requires you to create a Gmail account. Make sure to use the same account to register with CocoFax and send your faxes.
Once you sign up with your email, you will get a free Fax number. CocoFax offers a free 30-day trial. If you are not satisfied with this app, feel free to cancel your subscription anytime. You will need a reliable internet connection and a CocoFax account to manage your fax messages.
No doubt, CocoFax is reliable, safe and fast to send and receive faxes. This reputed brand has millions of users and gets recognition from iGeeksBlog, New York Times, Life Hacker, PC World, Life Wire, Digital trends, etc. Follow these simple steps to send your fax:
- Sign up with CocoFax to register the email address that you want to use to send and receive faxes.
- Open Gmail on a browser or open an app. Tap on “compose an email” and write your message in the body. Enter the fax number of a receiver along with the @cocofax.com.
- Once you are done with everything, click on “Send”. You will get a confirmation message about the delivery of this fax in your inbox.
Send Fax From Google Drive via CocoFax
After creating your CocoFax account, you will get access to a Dashboard. It will help you to attach files from Google Drive. Tap on “Send Fax” and compose your fax message in a popup window. Feel free to visit the official website of CocoFax to learn this entire procedure.
AqibIjaz is a digital marketing guru at eyesonsolution.com. He is adept in IT as well. He loves to write on different topics. In his free time, he likes to travel and explore different parts of the world. You can read more of his blogs at eyesonsolution.