Complex research on a specific subject requires significant resources, mainly if the topic describes a socially important problem. However, you need more resources to handle the study yourself, which is a reason to apply for external funding. How to do that? You have two options:
- Find a set project with a set sponsorship
- Apply for external funding
The second option is likelier if you want to feel free in your research and act according to your plan. You will receive funding for your project, however, only if you provide a proper promotion. The best way to do that is to write a research proposal.
A research proposal isn’t just promoting paperwork. It’s complex writing that shows potential supervisors why your research is highly valued and should be approved. It may sound scary for the first time due to the need to consider many factors. However, it’s easier than you think. Follow this article, and you will learn how to complete this paperwork better than a skillful dissertation proposal writer.
A Three Questions Rule for a Personal Research Proposal
The first condition for creating a research proposal is a good structure. You may be surprised, but it should be as simple as possible. Here is a hint: follow a three questions rule. Your research proposal should answer three questions: Why? What? and How? First, explain what your research topic is. Describe the major points and underline the primary goal. Second, explain why your research is essential and what you will achieve by conducting it. Justify your investigation. Finally, describe how the project will go by clarifying the practical approach.
By clarifying these points, you will convince the supervisor that your research has high value and needs additional funding. Whoever approves your request, your goal is to make this person give a positive answer.
Creating a Proper Structure for the Research Proposal
No matter what program you apply for, your research proposal must have a correctly set structure. It should have the following points:
- Title. The “face” of your proposal contains the central thesis. This person immediately realizes what your paperwork is about when somebody reads it.
- Introduction. You show your topic, explaining the research’s background and core information. Underline the main questions you will answer in your research.
- Literature review. In this part, you show your ability to work with multiple sources of information, finding the needed theses and using them to create original content.
- Methods you use for the research. Qualitative, quantitative, correlational, or experimentative methods. Are you collecting original data or analyzing information from secondary sources? For example, if you want to research criminal law, you can mention the usage of the old cases, comparing them with those we have today. An interview with the lawyer could be of high value in this case.
- Value of your research. The project is only helpful if it gives innovations for the subject. Consider mentioning that your research improves the existing practices, shows the new ones, reveals popular myths, approves theories, or even opens a broader perspective for new projects.
- Budget. This is a core point for candidates applying for additional financing. It will be much easier to calculate a budget if you understand what steps would be taken during your research.
These are the essential points to focus on while creating research proposals for your future project. Following this plan is a key for the awaited confirmation from the commission or the supervisor.
Don’t Hesitate Asking For Help
There is a common misconception that successful researchers do everything themselves without assistance. This applies to a small group, but most candidates usually work with mentors. For example, if you need help with our proposal, you can cooperate with the dissertation proposal writer. This specialist knows everything about proposals and could bring you excellent paperwork, following all the recommendations and implementing them into paperwork.
To Sum Everything Up
Writing a research proposal may be a crucial point on the way to perfect research. Only some people realize what lies behind your idea, so it’s up to you to show why professors or mentors should approve your research. Unfortunately, phrases like “Because It’s a game changer for the whole subject” won’t work. You need competent proof with facts and arguments, and a research proposal is an option to set proper argumentation. Read the recommendations of experienced supervisors before you start writing your personal statement; work with several drafts, and always reread what you crafted with a fresh mind. In addition, having a professional dissertation proposal writer can also be a great idea to help you succeed. A specialist will always be able to assist you with writing or improving your own drafts.
An author of Namaste UI, published several articles focused on blogging, business, web design & development, e-commerce, finance, health, lifestyle, marketing, social media, SEO, travel.
For any types of queries, contact us on info[at]namasteui.com.