As per reports from Bloomberg, 8 out of every 10 entrepreneurs fail within the first 18 months of starting their businesses. According to research, 50 million businesses are formed every year, and 90% of them fail. Out of all the other reasons, lack of proper exposure is the most significant one that causes businesses to fail. And it makes sense. You can’t expect your business to grow if you fail to draw attention to your brand.
On that note, let’s take a look at the top four ways to get maximum exposure for your business irrespective of its size.
1. Focus on organic searches
46% of all searches on the major search engines are for local businesses. 94% of clicks in the SERPs go to organic results alone. At least 3.5 billion searches are performed every day on Google. All in all, your business has the potential to earn the right exposure if it focuses on organic SEO. Organic SEO has 20X more traffic opportunities than PPC on both desktop and mobile.
How to drive more organic traffic to your business?
- Create quality educational content that resonates with the interest of your target audience. Say you offer assignment help to students. So, your blog posts should be related to ‘assignment writing tips’, ‘steps for scoring good marks in exams’, etc.
- Blog regularly to encourage your target audience to visit your website frequently. Say your first blog post was on the topic ‘How to rock the little black dress with high-rise boots’. In that case, your next blog can be something like ‘The perfect hairstyle for your little black dress.’
- Besides the highly competitive keywords, you should also go for long-tail keywords in your content. The long-tail keywords will let you be more specific and boost your ranking on the search engines. Your ideal customers will be able to find you easily.
- Write a specific meta title and meta description so that Google knows exactly what your page is about. You can even use Yoast SEO plugins for WordPress and Ahrefs tools to optimise your pages for organic SEO.
Organic SEO is an effective way to earn exposure for your business. But it won’t happen overnight. You have to be patient and work on the organic SEO factors, as mentioned above. Besides these steps, you can also list your business on Google My Business. It’s a free tool that lets businesses manage their digital presence in the Google ecosystem.
2. Connect with key influencers in your niche
89% of marketers say that ROI generated from influencer marketing is as good or better than other marketing channels. In fact, 17% of companies spend at least half their marketing budget on influencers. 71% of marketers have confirmed that the quality of traffic from influencer marketing is better than other marketing methods. While the percentage is modest, it also highlights how pivotal influencer marketing is for a handful of companies.
But, the concept of influencer marketing is still unclear to many businesses. Let’s clear that up for you first.
What is influencer marketing?
Influencers are individuals who have dedicated social media following and are considered experts in their niche. Influencer marketing is one of the most significant social media marketing techniques. It uses product mentions and endorsements from influencers to reach a broader audience on social media.
Here are some examples of influencer marketing success:
- FabFitFun, a lifestyle subscription brand, leveraged celebrity cook Ayesha Curry for marketingtheir brand on Facebook.FabFitFun noticed a 300% growth in its ROI due to the success of the influencer marketing technique.
- Timex experienced terrific results with its #TakeTime campaign. The company leveraged 22 influencers with nearly 85,000 followers each for its marketing campaign. Timex achieved an engagement rate of 7.5% during the campaign and also reached a wider audience.
Instead of celebrating Facebook likes, try connecting with influencers in your niche. You must interact with their content first before approaching them with your proposal. See what kind of marketing they usually do and contact them only if you think your product can meet their standards. Research firm L2 determined that over 70% of brands use Instagram to work with influencers. So, you can also start with Instagram to connect with the best influencers.
3. Add value to the experts’ business.
You may follow certain experts within your niche on different social media platforms. Adding value to their businesses can also help your business earn the exposure it deserves. You can add value to their brands in multiple ways. See how someone mentioned CrazyEggon a tweet and gained exposure to 30,000+ followers on Twitter.
Begging for exposure will not get you anywhere. So, you need to offer something to your experts that will be beneficial for them.
Here are four ways to connect with the experts in your niche:
- Comment something positive on their blogs. Someone else may see it and click through your website.
- Introduce the experts to others in your network. The bigger the network, the better your chances of being noticed.
- Write a testimonial for their services or products.
- Deliver valuable content that might enhance the credibility of their brand.
Connecting with you should make a positive difference to your experts’ brand. So, you need to make an offer to them that they can’t refuse. Make sure you follow an expert who has quality traffic, income, brand exposure and social influence. You can connect with multiple experts in your industry for maximum business exposure.
4. Register with an affiliate marketing site
Affiliate marketing is the process of earning traffic and exposure by promoting other people or company’s products. Did you know that 15% of the total digital media advertising revenue attributes to affiliate marketing? 81% of marketers leverage the power of affiliate marketing. Affiliate programs generate 15%-30% of all sales for advertisers. So yes, if you want quick business exposure, affiliate marketing is the way for you.
The top three benefits of influencer marketing are:
- Affiliate marketing lets you establish partnerships with affiliates who already have a massive client base. Thus, you can expand into new markets and attract a wider audience from different categories.
- Consumers trust affiliates. So, when they champion your products, it solidifies the consumer’s confidence in your services or products.
- In affiliate marketing, you are only paying commissions to the affiliates and that too when the desired conversion occurs. That means you don’t have to throw away dollars on ads that have no proven value.
Affiliate marketing is your solution if you are looking for an effective and low-key investment for your business exposure. Connect with reliable affiliates and take your business to new heights while being cost-effective.
You may have worked hard to build your business. But, it will be meaningless if your business doesn’t get the right exposure. Practise organic SEO, influencer marketing and affiliate marketing to earn maximum exposure for your business. Connect with experts in your industry and provide value to their businesses. In return, you can gain a broader audience. Good Luck.
Olaila Lee is a legal advisor at a reputed firm in London, the UK. She also offers assignment help to students at MyAssignmenthelp.com. Lisa loves to watch movies and read books in her free time.