The name implies that a multi-vendor marketplace or store is an eCommerce shopping platform that allows multiple vendors to take part and sell their niche products in one place. It is a huge online store with numerous small vendors’ shops that individual vendors run.
zCart multi-vendor e-commerce marketplace application a PHP script based on the Laravel framework. This application helps to build a product-oriented online marketplace where various merchants can list their products for sale and the admin can control the marketplace from a well-designed dashboard. It’s very easy to set up with a friendly built-in installer and requires a license provided by the Incevio IT Solution to use the script.
How it works?
With the zCart application, you can build your own marketplace like Amazon, eBay, Etsy, and very easy to set up with a friendly built-in installer. After going live, vendors can sell their goods and services by using your e-commerce multi-vendor site. But before that vendors need to register your site with an auto-renewal monthly subscription system that can be configured and managed by the site owner. A subscription fee can be involved or it can be completely free of charge. And you can cut a commission from each sale made on your marketplace by the vendors. In addition, you can set a fixed amount of fee for each transaction made on your marketplace.
The zCart Multivendor has hundreds of features that make it a popular multi-vendor script. It can be overwhelming to discuss all the features but I can overview some of its cool features here.
- Multiple options to revenue earning
- Full Control Over the System
- Catalog System
- Setting User Role and Permission
- Multiple Payment methods
- Support Desk
- Complete SEO
- Promotional features
- Cross-Selling age
- Better Customer Engagement
- subscription plans
- Fraud protection Features
Multiple options to revenue earning:
With zCart multi-vendor marketplace business owners can earn in multiple ways
- Auto-renewal monthly subscription fee from vendors.
- Earn commission % from each sale made on his marketplace.
- Also can set a fixed amount fee for each transaction made on his marketplace.
Full Control Over the System:
In zCart multi-vendor ecommerce marketplace admin has full control over the marketplace system.
- White-Level Branding: We don’t keep any footprint on your site. You can remove all zCart footprints and set your own branding information. The users will never know you’re using our script.
- Active Business area: Admin can set an active business area for the marketplace, Vendors can operate business pitching this area only. Setting an active business area is important when you want to operate your marketplace operation in a limited area. The business area is a combination of countries and states/reasons. When your business area is limited, you can control your active business area easily. All active countries and states/reasons will be included in your active business area, vendors will be able to include active areas only to their shipping zones.
- Catalog Rules: Admin can set strict rules for a product, vendors must follow the rules to create listings for the item. He can determine if a product can have variants or not if the item requires shipping or not and also can set a minimum and/or a maximum price for a particular catalog product. This feature can protect the marketplace from fraudulent listings with an unrealistic price.
- Payment Methods: Vendors only can configure those payment methods that are enabled by the admin. So, it’s completely the admin’s decision which payment methods he will use for his marketplace.
- User IP Ban: Admin can ban any user IP from the marketplace to protect his business from the fraud user. Then the fraud user can’t get any access to visit the marketplace with that IP.
- Resource Limit: Marketplace owners or the admin can set the number of listings and users a subscription plan can have so vendors can choose the plans based on their need.
The catalog is combined with Category, Attributes, Product, and Manufacturer modules. With the help of these modules, the admin will be able to manage his/her marketplace product catalog effortlessly. The category module of zCart is divided into three sub-modules like group, sub-group, and category. The category group is the grandparent and the first step to organizing the product listings, under a category group there can be many sub-groups and finally, a sub-group can hold many categories. So that vendors can easily organize their products to the appropriate category and shoppers find the products easily by searching the category. Also, the admin can use feature tags to highlight important categories in the marketplace.
- Single product – multiple sellers: With zCart multiple sellers can sell the same product. When the admin will add a product into the catalog. Vendors will use the product to create their listings. Customers will see all offers from different sellers for the same product. Since many vendors sell the same product through the same marketplace, customers can easily find the best product to see the various sellers’ product descriptions with dynamic price, features, shipping cost, etc. Sellers and manufacturers can contribute product information on a product detail page. It also reduces duplicate product information.
- Catalog Based Product Attributes: With the zCart marketplace, the admin can assign attributes to all items in a single category. That allows shoppers to select a specific attribute to find the desired product when they visit a category items page. For example, if you’re selling clothing, two logical attributes are “color” and “size”, so people can filter items in the clothing category for a color they love and clothing available in their size.
- Reduce Data Redundancy: The system doesn’t store the same data in multiple tables. All data is managed by a simplified relational database schema design to reduce data redundancy.
How to manage subscription plans:
In the zCart script, the admin can create subscription plans for the vendors. Vendors will see the offers on the merchants landing page and will be able to register to any of the plans created by the admin. This subscription is optional. If you don’t want a subscription-based marketplace then you can disable the subscription completely. Before launching your marketplace, you must decide what you want to use, launch a subscription-based marketplace or not.
In the zCart marketplace, there are two types of subscription systems.
- Stripe-based subscription.
- Wallet-based local subscription.
The zCart script has pre-integrated stripe APIs for subscriptions billing. You just have to configure the system with your stripe APIs and subscriptions.
And with wallet-based subscription you can charge the vendor subscriptions fee directly from zCart wallet balance. To have this feature you have to install and configure the zCart Wallet plugin and Local Subscription plugin into your zCart marketplace script.
How to handle order:
Admin has full access to all orders made on his marketplace. He can update the order status, cancel the order and also mark it as fulfilling the order. He can assign a delivery boy for a particular order or can change the delivery boy too. And can see the all canceled order. Also, add a cancellation fee for the customer and as well as can remove the order cancellation option.
How to manage vendor:
Vendors need registration to sell their goods or services in the marketplace. During registration, vendors have to choose a monthly subscription plan. Admin can disable the subscription plan too if he doesn’t want it. After registration, the admin can edit vendor details if needed. Also, the admin can do the secret login of the vendor dashboard. So admin has full access to each vendor. He can remove a vendor from the marketplace at any time.
Branding and personalization:
Website personalization is a strategy used by marketers to create unique experiences that include tailored recommendations, dynamic content, and exclusive offers for their customers. It’s configured based on a visitor’s behavior on the website, their demographics, and their interests. With zCart, the admin can personalize his marketplace according to customer demands. Because zCart is a fully dynamic theme-based frontend management system. He can change the theme design like background color, picture, text color, font size, and font family for the entire text of the Marketplace or can change any style because the admin gets the custom CSS option from the admin dashboard. So he can design the marketplace as he wishes. The primary goal of website personalization is to enhance the user experience by addressing customers’ needs and desires before they mention them.
Setting User Role and Permission:
There are two types of users on the system, platform users who manage the marketplace and merchant users who belong to a vendor to manage their store. All users get access to different modules based on the permission given by the role they belong to. Only the super admin has full control over the system and the merchant has full access to his/her store. Also, merchant-type users can get access to some platform modules permitted by the platform. Platform type roles can be permitted to access platform modules and common modules like category module and tax module. Vendor admin can create users using merchant-type roles to manage their store. You can also allow vendors to create their own user roles with their own permission set.
Note: You can’t access or modify users who have more privilege than you. You can only create users with less privilege than yourself.
Multiple Payment methods:
There are multiple payment method options in zCart. Providing multiple different payment methods makes the checkout easy for your customers, they can find the best payment gateway for their own personal needs. They can checkout easily through their wallet balance too or enter their credit or debit card details as they prefer to do. Here is the list of the zCart supported payment method:
PayPal is the most commonly used trusted payment gateway for e-commerce stores. It is an accepted payment gateway in more than 203 countries. It supports all prominent credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Citibank, and more.
Stripe is a convenient option to charge CARDs. It is a US-based payment gateway that’s available in more than 25 countries. It supports all major credit cards. But, it is mostly used in Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom.
Authorize.net has worldwide coverage. It is currently available in more than 33 countries. It is one of the oldest and most trusted online payment gateway providers. It also features multiple extensions for easy integration with WooCommerce stores.
The most popular Indian payment optIon. It is trusted by 20,00,000+ Indian businesses, Instamojo payment gateway offers a suite of powerful payment gateway features to manage payments online easily. It has 100+ online payment modes.
The most popular African payment option. It enables you to accept payments from customers using different payment channels such as: cards, mobile money accounts, QR codes, directly from their bank account or USSD.
Accept payments worldwide in 190+ countries and territories.
Cash on delivery (COD) is a type of transaction where the recipient pays for a good at the time of delivery rather than using credit. This payment option can increase your sales 3-5 times.
It’s better to offer a conventional bank wire transfer payment option to your customer.
Flutterwave Payment methods help you to receive payments from your customers with several payment methods. Such as Cards, Bank accounts, USSD, QR codes, Mobile Money and Kenyan Mpesa. Flutterwave is supported in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Uganda, Tanzania, the United Kingdom, America, and Europe.
It is the only payments solution in Bangladesh that allows businesses to accept, process and disburse payments with its product suite. It gives you access to 30+ Payment Options for Your Customers.
M-Pesa is a mobile phone-based money transfer service, payments, and micro-financing service, launched in 2007 by Vodafone Group plc and Safaricom, the largest mobile network operator in Kenya. It has since expanded to Tanzania, Mozambique, DRC, Lesotho, Ghana, Egypt, Afghanistan, South Africa, and Ethiopia.
More payment options are coming soon..
- Ticket System In zCart you can find a complete support ticket module for vendors to get support from marketplace owner/admin.
- Messages Vendors get a full featured message INBOX, receive, send emails right from the application dashboard.
- Refunds & Dispute For customers zCart has a Refunds and Disputes management system. If the customer is dissatisfied then they can request for a refund. Also, the admin can disable this option too. And shoppers can create a dispute against an order.
- Secret Login: In zCart marketplace system, the admin can do the secret login to any user’s account without a password. This can help to check the issues directly from the user’s perspective.
The system is carefully crafted for search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo.
- Meta Tags: Includes all standard meta tags like dynamic Btle, description, keywords, and other info.
- Sitemap: Complete XML Sitemap updates regularly.
- Open Graph: The Open Graph protocol enables any web page to become a rich object in a social graph. For instance, this is used on Facebook to allow any web page to have the same functionality as any other object on Facebook.
- Twitter Cards: A twitter card is content designed to give users a rich media experience whenever tweets contain links to a site’s content. Twitter has various card types to show content previews, play video and increase traffic to sites.
- Product Rich Snippet: Add markup to your product pages so Google can provide detailed product information in rich Search results — including Google Images. Users can see price, availability, and review ratings right on Search results.
zCart has various promotional features to make the marketplace more engaging and boost sales. Like admin can set the
- Promotional Tagline: The promotional tagline will be placed on the main navigation. For example: Black Friday offer or any other offer showing.
- Best Finds Under: Admin can set a price. This is for the homepage Best Finds Under product carousel. The system will pick best selling items under this price limit.
- Deal Of The Day: Admin can set one item for Deal Of The Day to show his marketplace. Visitors get this item on the homepage.
- Featured Categories: Admin can add Featured tags for promoting categories. This is for the homepage Featured Categories section.
- Featured Items: Admin can set the Featured tag to the item too as well as the categories to promote those items.
- Trending Now Categories: This is for the homepage “Trending Now” Categories section. Admin can set these categories.
- Featured Brands: Admin can also set some brands into the homepage Featured Brands section.
Cross-selling is the process of encouraging customers to purchase products or services in addition to the original items they intended to purchase. zCart Marketplace has this amazing feature. It’s important not only because it boosts revenue, but also because it increases customer satisfaction, builds engagement, and helps to create a solid and lasting customer relationship. It also provides benefits to the new customers by offering them the right comparable higher-end product. It helps increase the revenue without any recurring cost. In zCart the admin or vendor gets this option to add the related item when uploading a product to the marketplace.
The system provides a powerful filesystem abstraction. The filesystem is the disk space where the application stores all the images and other static files. The filesystem integration provides simple to use drivers for working with local filesystems like-
- Amazon S3
- Google Drive
- Rackspace Cloud Storage
You can store all images and static files to those cloud storage to reduce load and speed up your marketplace. It’s amazingly simple to switch between these storage options. By default, the platform uses the local public disk. Admin can set the file system that they want to use.
Better Customer Engagement:
- Discount Coupon: Discount coupons can be either percentage (%) of the total amount or a fixed amount. Coupons can be specific to customers, specific shipping zone, or open for all.
- Newsletter Subscription: Newsletter Subscription is a great way to get back buyers.
- Wishlist: Buyers can save items for later. This is a very effective way to engage customers.
- Contact Seller: Customers can contact sellers directly from the product page and order page.
- Live Chat: Customers also get a live chat option to ask any kind of information about the product to the seller.
- Gift-carts(coming soon)
- Loyalty program(coming)
- Group buy(coming)
Fraud protection Features:
For fraud protection, the admin can set the minimum and maximum price for a particular catalog product. So that any fraud seller can’t list the product at an unrealistic price. Also, Admin can ban any user’s IP from the marketplace to protect his business from the fraud user. An admin can restrict the shipping area. Vendors will be able to include active areas only to their shipping zones. So when your business area is limited, you can control your active business area easily. And with the wallet admin can take all the payments in real-time from the marketplace then the vendor will request the admin for payout.
This script supports multilingual features. Language files are included with the system. You can translate the whole marketplace (back-office and front-end) language to your locals or any other languages that you want. We already translated the front-end theme into a few languages like:
The default language is English but you can change the default language from your admin dashboard
Also, the zCart script supports the RTL language. RTL (Right To Left) is a locale property indicating that text is written from right to left. For example, Arabic ( ar ) is a common language written RTL
- Open to extend: The source code is open to modification. So you can add or reduce features as your wish.
- After Sale Support: We’re always here to help you with anything you may need to launch the marketplace. Even after your launch, you will need a lot of support to run the marketplace. So we’re ready to provide 360-degree support for the marketplace. We do server maintenance, up-gradation, configurations, image manipulation, graphics design, and a lot more to help you to succeed. We can be your true partner in IT.
- Customization Support: We, the creator of the script, also do customization of the script to make it more effective for your business model. We know the code better than anyone.
If you want to start an online business with a multi-vendor e-commerce marketplace the zCart multi-vendor eCommerce marketplace is best for you. Pay just a one-time fee & you’ll get a lifetime license. There are no recurring monthly fees, no sneaky add-on fees, or hidden costs. The zCart has its own full-time team to maintain the application and add new features on a regular basis. So if you need any extra features or customization the zCart team will do that for you. Also has detail-oriented documentation that will introduce you to every single component of zCart.
An author of Namaste UI, published several articles focused on blogging, business, web design & development, e-commerce, finance, health, lifestyle, marketing, social media, SEO, travel.
For any types of queries, contact us on info[at]namasteui.com.