In this competitive market, every business wants to grow. Undoubtedly you have your business website with your products and services. Every day you always worried about your website’s traffic and leads. Maybe sometimes you have asked these questions with yourself.
Why my traffic is going down, even I have good content?
Why am I not getting better leads even I have an excellent digital marketing team?
Why am I not getting a good ranking on Google?
So, what is the issue?
Page speed is the primary factor that matters most in Google ranking. If your website’s landing pages are slow, the visitor can move from your website to another, and you can miss the lead, even traffic also.
Why this matters?
From Google point of view site speed is one of the significant factors applied by its algorithm to rank the pages. From a user point of view Page speed is also very important to user experience. Pages those have a longer load time, got higher bounce rates.
So now how to speed up your website/pages?
First, check your websites speed score. You can check your page speed score by Google page insight.
Now, what should I do if I have a low score?
Please follow these steps to increase page speed score:
- Optimize your resources: mostly I found, if you have multiple CSS and JS files into your website, it becomes a significant issue to increase your page load time, so first try to minify these assets.
The best practice is to combine your all CSS and JS files. There are a lot of tools available for this purpose that you can get online.
- Minify Your HTML: when launching your website or pages, please make sure that, you are not using comments, inline CSS, inline JS, broken links into your pages, this will increase the size of your pages (minify the pages). Minified pages not only help you in fast loading even will be helpful in fast indexing and regular crawling.
- Optimize your Images: Try to reduce the size of your images. You can optimize your used images to reduce their size. Use webp format , a very light image format, to boost your page speed. Try to convert your jpg or png format files into webp image format. If you have an ecommerce website, this becomes very necessary for you.
- USE CDN Service: this technology is outstanding to boost your pages as the resources are available on the client side, so it reduces the request-response process timing next time. Choosing a CDN service is the best solution to boost up the speed of your landing pages. There are much-hosting services that offer CDN services plans/packages accordingly.
- Manage the cache of your website: it’s essential to clear your website’s cache time to time so that page can load fast. You can also use cache control tools for this.
I am sure that the steps as mentioned above will help you to increase page speed score of your website, and you can get good results in terms of ranking, traffic and leads.
So please follow the steps carefully and keep your website regularly updated with the latest technology to become a good player in your industry.
Anupam Rajey is a seasoned marketer and a sales expert. He is the CEO of Acelerar Tech, a leading KPO that offers virtual assistant services for social media, Internet research, email & chat support, and more.