What is AngularJS? AngularJS, an open source web application framework, was originally developed in 2009. It was discovered by Misko Hevery and Adam Abrons.
Currently it is maintained by Google.
AngularJS definition as put by its official documentation is as follows:
AngularJS is a structural framework for dynamic web apps. It lets you use HTML as your template language and lets you extend HTML’s syntax to express your application’s components clearly and succinctly. Angular’s data binding and dependency injection eliminate much of the code you currently have to write. And it all happens within the browser, making it an ideal partner with any server technology.
Features of AngularJS
- It provides developers to write client side application in a clean Model View Controller way.
- AngularJS is open source and completely free.
- It is used by thousands of developers around the world which is licensed under the Apache License version 2.0.
Read Also: AngularJS Modules
So overall, it is a framework to build large scale and high performance web appliation framework and easy-to-maintain.
Core Features of AngularJS
Data-binding; Scope; Controller; Services; Filters; Directives; Templates; Routing; Model View Whatever; Deep Linking; Dependency Injection;
Advantages of AngularJS
- It has the capability of creating Single Page Application in a very clean and maintainable way.
- It provides data binding capability to HTML so it gives user a rich and responsive experience.
- The code is unit testable.
- It uses dependency injection so it make use of separation of concerns.
- It provides reusable components.
- Write less code and get more functionality.
Disadvantages of AngulaJS
- Not Secure: Server side authentication and authorization is needed to keep an application safe and secure.
Components of AngularJS
Three major parts are division of AngularJS:
- ng-app : Directive that defines and links an AngularJS application to HTML.
- ng-model : Directive that binds the values of AngularJS application data to HTML input controls.
- ng-bind : Directive that binds the AngularJS Application data to HTML tags.