Registration Cum Membership certificate (RCMC) is a certificate issued by the FIEO (Federation of Indian Export Organization) and other export promotion councils and other organization which works for Development of export business and are authorized to do so by the Government of India.
It is membership certificate issued for 5 years with the renewal facility considered that the exporter is the member of FIEO or other Export Promotion Councils.
EPCs are registered as non- profit organizations under the Companies Act/Societies registration Act.
They perform advisory and executive functions. Encourage Export Industry to meet International standard of trade. Each Product type has it’s own Export Promotion Council, Exporter should take the membership in any export promotion council as per their line of product.
Benefits of taking RCMC from EPCs:-
- After registration members are granted Registration cum membership certificate (RCMC).
- RCMC helps to avail the benefits under foreign trade policies MEIS Scheme, SEIS scheme etc.
- To stay updated on recent modifications changes done in foreign trade policies by informational events and activities conducted by EPCs.
Documents required to get RCMC:-
- Import-Export Code (IEC)
- Digital signature Certificate (wherever required)
- Certificate from chartered accountant, certifying the export turnover
- List of Directors/Partners with address details
- MSME(If available)
Types of RCMC Memberships:-
- Lifetime Membership
- Corporate Membership
- Individual ordinary Membership
There are various Government authorize organizations which approved RCMC including following:-
Why RCMC is considered important documents in exports –
- As and exporters there are following reasons to take the RCMC
- Seeking Authorizations to import export restricted items
- Can claim the benefits under various Government incentive Scheme including MEIS & SEIS Scheme etc.
- Looking for the benefits offered by the customs and central excise authorities.
- DGFT Checks whether RCMC contain the branch address in Application form for application under Advance Authorisation Scheme. Application form should contain registered address , branch address factory address(If any).
How to apply for RCMC?
- To get the RCMC certificate Application form ANF 2C to be filed in the EPC pertaining to the export products,
- Broadly there are 2 categories – Manufacturer Exporters & Merchant Exporters.
- To register as manufacturer exporters applicant need to provide proof of existing manufacturing facility.
- In the application form address, exporters name, branch address, factory address needs to be filed.
- IEC code needs to be mentioned in the form with other details like factory license and all.
- Products list shall be mentioned in application form with HS code and products description.
- Goods exporters can take RCMC from FIEO Mumbai but taking benefits under SEIS Scheme exporters needs to register under SEPC.
Important things to remember
Member has to intimate RCMC registering Authority of any changes made in the name , address, ownership within a month of change.
- Details of the exports need to provide to the authority.
- If members are violating the rules and regulations of EPCs they have the authority to deregister the membership.
- Member may go the DGFT office against the decision of EPCs.
- RCMC is valid from the 1st April – 31st March of the financial years.
Government of India approved the RoDTEP Scheme in which RCMC will require to be the member of the export promotion council.
Tips for Importers and exporters:-
- Before taking the membership check whether EPCs are of the category of the export products or not.
- IEC holder who wish to import machinery under EPCG scheme need to make sure the factory address should also be in RCMC
- For application online Windows 7 Professional or above operating system and the equivalent Internet explorer 11 are required.
- EPCs may insist hardcopy of documents uploaded which can be send to the nearest branch of EPC.
Read all the terms and conditions of RCMC, penalty for violation.
An author of Namaste UI, published several articles focused on blogging, business, web design & development, e-commerce, finance, health, lifestyle, marketing, social media, SEO, travel.
For any types of queries, you can contact us on email@example.com.