Are you getting feared of rejection from job interview? It is a very major to overcome the fear of rejection. Let’s see how to overcome this.
May be you have already wasted so many nights for being sleepless, anxiety, loss of appetite etc. but, these things are nothing but a few symptoms of Job Interview Fear or Phobia.
Don’t worry about this.
Approx 80% of candidates suffer from this Interview Fear or Phobia and this is very common thing. Those person, who overcome this situation, have very high probability of being successful in their career.
Let’s check out how to overcome this fear of interview & some useful Tips to crack your job interview.
1) Focus what you looking for. You should always know that when you are looking for this particular job then at the same time organization is looking for good candidate. And this brings you to the table of interview. Try to focus on the skills you gathered in your career and how these skills can help a organization to become success in the future and also a long benefit.
For example, when we buy a product or service, we always check that how these product or services benefit us.
In the same manner, when a company seeks for a employee, they finds the inner talent that you have and how they can be benefited with that talent.
2) Don’t argue with Interviewer. Accept that person because they have more experience and for theit right position they are taking your interview. Try to put in a positive manner and describe how you are correct to them. So, it is not advisable to go into any kind of argument with Interviewer during the interview.
3) Make sure you know the details of job requirement. Because, it is very important to understand the job profile you are looking for and whether you are fit in this profile. Before going to the interview, always ask for job description. This makes your strength more powerful if you are capable of this and makes your approach more smooth during the interview.
4) Try to be honest during interview. Accept the same when you do not know the answer rather than giving wrong answer. Organization needs person who are more honest in approach. No matter whether you know the answer or not but, organization always give importance to people with flexible approach.
5) Always overcome your fear of rejection. This is not a hard thing to reject your fear of losing. In every cases, sef confidence is very important. Make sure, you have the attitude that you don’t need this job. This boost your self confidence.
For example, when we need something in our life we chase it. And there comes our fear of rejection if we don’t get it. So always appear in interview with total confidence and with an positive attitude.
No company hire a fearful person. So, always overcome your fear of rejection if you want this Job.
6) Never ask for unrealistic salary hikes. Either this makes a bad impression or you are not serious about the job. They will think that you need that job for money only.
Make sure you deserve proper salary as per your experience and for the particular job profile. For junior to middle management employee, naturally salary hike is range of 25% to 40%. But, for critical job profile you may get very high salary hike depends on the organization.
7) Don’t fabricate your CV. This is the biggest fault by most of candidates. Organizations are not a fool. They can find out easily if anyone fabricate their CV. In the interview you can face harassment or in future they can spoil your career. Be honest in you each and every step.
8) Collect probable questions & answers. After finishing each interview, make a list of questions what they asked. You can get help from your friends who are in the similar position in the industry. If you follow this things regularly, you can find out at least 80% of common questions which can be asked in the interview.
9) Don’t underestimate the organization after getting the job. This common mistake is made by everyone and as a habit of keep trying in other organizations for better salary. Remember, world is very small.
In future, you may meet the organization again across same people and then no one will give you a chance. So, if you don’t want to join then don’t accept the offer letter. But, after accepting the offer letter if you disagree then this is totally unprofessional.
10) Ask for feedback at the end of Interview. This will give you a positive impression and organization feel that candidate have positive attitude and eager to accept the challenge.
These are the tips which can help you to get a ladder and go to high in your career. Anyone, who will follow these tips, can get a advantage of delivering the answer while sitting in front of interviewers. You can also share your views over here through comment section.
Saarya have over 7 years of experience within the Insight Analyst Industry and Human Resource outsourcing services. Customer Experience Management delivers and manages various offshore and onsite projects in various domains with multiple technologies.