The status of your Aadhaar card can be easily found online by checking out the official website of the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) and also through your registered mobile number via an SMS. Both the given ways are simple to use to know your Aadhaar card status.
Below are the steps you have to follow to check your Aadhaar card status online
Step 1: Visit the website https://uidai.gov.in/. It is the official portal of UIDAI.
Step 2: You will find the section “Aadhaar Services” on the right bottom of the website. It shows a link to ‘Enrolment/Download E-aadhaar/Update.’
Step 3: Once you click on the above link, you will be directed to the Aadhaar kiosk and it shows all the options that are related to the enrollment of Aadhaar card and the correction or update and status related ones. Now, on this particular page, you will have to choose the 3rd option on the left and that is “Check Aadhaar Status.”
Step 4: After clicking on that option, you will now be directed to another page. That is where you can check the status of your Aadhaar card.
Step 5: In order to check the Aadhaar card status, you will have to enter the below information in the respective fields.
- Enrollment ID. Usually, the enrollment ID will be in the format of XXXX/XXXXX/XXXXX.
- Date & time of your Aadhaarenrollment. Enter the date and time in the respective boxes. The format of date and time will be dd/mm/yyyy and hh:mm:ss.
- Security PIN. Enter the security pin or code as shown on the website.
- Now click on the button “Check status”
In case you are not sure about enrollment number or ID
Just in case you are not sure about your enrollment number or ID, then simply check your Aadhaar card application form. Exactly at the top of your Aadhaar card receipt or acknowledgment slip, the enrollment ID or number will be printed. There will be a 14 digit enrollment number and another 14 digit of date and time.
The process of verifying your contact number online
One of the best things about this is that users can also check their Aadhaar card status through their registered mobile numbers and below steps will give a better idea about how to do that.
- Visit the website of UIDAI https://uidai.gov.in/
- You will find the section “Aadhaar Services” on the right bottom of the website. It shows a link to ‘Enrolment/Download E-aadhaar/Update.’
- Once you click on the above link, you will be directed to the Aadhaar kiosk and it shows all the options that are related to the enrollment of Aadhaar card and the correction or update and status related ones. Now, on this particular page, you will have to choose the 3rd option on the left and that is “Check Aadhaar Status.”
- Now, on the right side of the page, you will find the option of “Verify mobile/phone.”
- After you click on that, you will be directed to the another page where the contact number you gave while you were enrolling for the Aadhaar card which needs to be verified.
- You will now be asked to enter your 12 digit Aadhaar card number and your email or phone number.
- Enter the code that has been sent to your mobile number.
- You can complete the verification process by clicking on the button, “Verify.”