Project management is referred to as the work of a leading team to achieve the desired goals and objectives of the project and meet success within the given constraints. Project management is also known as the backbone of every project as it increases its success rate. The primary focus of project management is to achieve all the project needs and requirements within the given time and budget by the client. As the market is rapidly growing, it is very important for organizations to deliver quality projects, and this is the reason by Project Management becoming more and more important each day.
Five stages of project management –
The first stage of project management is called project initiation; in this stage, the goal of the project is defined at a broader level. The second stage, known as project planning, is a stage where a road map is developed so that everybody can follow it. The third stage is called project execution. In this stage, deliverables are developed and completed. The fourth stage is called project monitoring, in this stage, the progression of the project is measured, and it is seen if everything is working as planned. The fifth stage is called project closure; this stage represents the completion of the project.
Certifications from PMI –
1. CAPM: CAPM x for Certified Associate in Project Management. This certification is best for the individual who is due to the profession of project management or is someone who is attempting a transition from another profession to a role as a project manager. To earn the certification, you need to fulfill the education requirements. The requirements are, you need to have 23 contact hours of project management education of 10th within the last two years from the time of the application. And secondary degree with 1500 hours of experience in being part of a project itself.
2. PMP: PMP stands for Project Management Professional. This is the most sought-after certification for a project manager who has a considerable amount of experience as a project manager and is looking for a certification that can enhance his knowledge and reputation in the respective organization. The prerequisite for the certification is, you need to have 35 contact hours of project management education which should be obtained within the last two years of the time period from the time of application. And secondary degree with 7,500 hours of experience in leading and directing projects.
3. PMI – PBA: It stands for PMI Professional in Business Analysis. This certification is a new addition to the list of certifications which is offered by PMI. It is a certification for business and NSS which is rapidly gaining popularity. This will be the best choice for the individual who is playing an analyst or consultant role, which scopes and requirements in the context of a project. The eligibility criteria for the certification: you should have 35 contact hours of education in business analysis of 10th within the last two years time period from the time of application. And secondary degree, which 7500 hours of Business analysis experience.
4. PMI-RMP: It stands for PMI Risk Management Professional. A professional carrying the “RISK MANAGEMENT TRAINING” is recognized for the capability to identify and access project risk, mitigate risk, and respond to such situations. The eligibility criteria for this certification are: you should have a secondary degree with 4500 hours of risk management experience along with 40 contact hours of training in risk management obtained within the last two years from the time of application. Also going for the “RISK MANAGEMENT TRAINING” is highly recommended to the individuals.
5. PMI-ACP: It stands for PMI Agile Certified Practitioner. This certification recognizes the professional’s knowledge and skills on agile principles. It is one of the fastest-growing and highly recognized Agile certifications worldwide. The eligibility criteria for the certification are: you should have 21 contact hours of training in Agile practices obtained within the last two years from the time of application. And mm Awaaz of general project experience gained by working in project teams with an additional 15 hours experience working on Agile project teams.
These were the valued are well-recognized certifications from PMI. All of these certifications are much beneficial for every individual to grow their career.
An author of Namaste UI, published several articles focused on blogging, business, web design & development, e-commerce, finance, health, lifestyle, marketing, social media, SEO, travel.
For any types of queries, contact us on info[at]namasteui.com.