It doesn’t matter what business you are in. If you want to acquire customers, generate revenue, and establish a sharp brand image, you will need a website. A small business that makes an average revenue of $3.6 million can increase its revenue to $5.03 million by having its own website.
A food and beverage company is no exception. They can also experience long-term benefits by getting their websites professionally designed. It doesn’t all stop with designing a food and beverage website, though. To keep driving traffic, you need to update it regularly to stay up on the latest design trends.
Here are a few things you can do to upgrade the website of your food and beverage company:
1. Keep your website free from clutter
When it comes to reading your content, 79 percent of visitors will read your website in chunks as opposed to the 16 percent who might go through it word by word. So if you want to direct their attention to the most important parts of the site, you’ll have to keep it free from clutter. A clean website is always easy to use and more appealing to visitors.
- Determine the “must-have” elements of your website and do away with the rest.
- Don’t let your visitors get distracted by the links that you place on your website.
- Make sure the content and images on your website are aligned with its core purpose.
- Keep your calls to action clear, straightforward, and compelling.
2. Use high-quality photos of your products
People buy what they see, and if they don’t get what they see, they will end up returning your products. This is why you need to make sure the product photos you are using are both high quality and representative of your actual products.
- Get a professional to do a photoshoot of your products to make them look as realistic and attractive as possible.
- Use clear, aesthetically pleasing photos that will grab the attention of your prospects.
- Put up multiple photos to showcase your product from all angles.
- Link to your Instagram or Pinterest feed to give maximum information about your products.
3. Focus on search engine optimization
No matter how brilliant your website design is, if it is not optimized for the search engines, it will not get any traffic. Search engine optimization or SEO is critical— not just to drive organic traffic, but also to convert this traffic to leads.
- Identify the keywords and key phrases that will bring your visitors to your web pages.
- Make sure your website doesn’t take more than three seconds to load.
- Create informative content that helps your website rank higher on the search engines.
- Choose a responsive design that will work well across devices and platforms.
- Include internal links to make it easier for your users to navigate through your website.
4. Include infographics in your content
Infographics, or visual representations of information, not only make it easier to convey the message to your target audience, but they can also increase traffic and improve the page ranking of your website. Plus, being easier to share on social media, infographics also make excellent tools for generating leads.
- Keep your infographics simple and to the point.
- If displaying statistics, make it a point to cite the sources of information.
- Use pleasing and engaging color combinations.
- Think outside the box to increase social media shares.
5. Have a proper content strategy in place
In the world of marketing, content is everything. A good content strategy not only helps you get found, but it also builds a strong relationship with your target audience by keeping them engaged and connected.
Posting informative and relevant content regularly can help establish yourself as an authority in your niche. Apart from blogs, you can also include videos and podcasts in your content strategy to reach a wider audience.
- Create content that is relevant to the needs of your audience.
- Make sure your content is unique and adds value to your readers.
- Use analytics to keep track of your reader responses.
- Keep refining your content strategy to achieve consistency.
Making the upgrades
Upgrading your website is one of the best ways to maximize the returns of your food and beverage company. Of course, there are various ways to do this by yourself, but if you are looking to achieve optimum results, your best bet is to hire a professional web designing service. Make sure the company you hire is experienced in catering to the food and beverage industry.
Hello, my name is Ananya and I am the blogger of Namaste UI. I specialize in logo design, branding, web design and offer design services to businesses of all sizes around the world, ultimately improving their bottom line by crafting creative solutions to their business problems.