Stuttering is tiring!
It’s indeed tiring to continually fight against the repetitions, blocks, and prolongations.
People who stutter expend so much energy just trying to express themselves when it should be a natural and almost mundane thing to do!
So, what do people who stutter (PWS) typically do when stuttering tries to get the better of them?
Maybe you avoid a select set of words, use (somewhat clumsy but workable) replacements, and even avoid situations where you have to speak in front of an audience.
Speaking should not be a punishment. You have the right to express yourself. And it should not be tiring at all.
Some of you might already be seeing speech-language pathologists (SLPs) or speech therapists. So you know how costly each session can be.
Why Do You Need a Reliable Speech Therapy App for Stuttering?
How frequently can you see your speech therapist? Once in a week? Once in two weeks?
You may have already realized that keeping up daily practice feels like a chore. So, you decide to skip a few days of practice.
If you have been to multiple therapists, it is possible that you have faced a sudden relapse right when your fluency peaked.
So, what do you do now that you are again disfluent and affording speech therapy is out of the question?
Do you sit home, avoiding all phone calls, visitors, and Zoom meetings?
Well, it’s time to take matters into your own hands. It’s time you tried the best speech therapy apps for stutterers.
But, how do you find the right speech therapy app?
Well, it’s easy to eliminate the apps that aren’t any good. These are the ones that claim to provide a “cure” for your stuttering.
Evidence and extensive research have proven that you can manage this speech disorder and become more fluent in your speech. But, there is no perfect cure.
Look at apps that provide speech therapy in the form of speech exercises, fluency tools, and trackable analytics. This is where Stamurai comes into the picture. It’s a speech therapy app for people who stutter.
Here are some of the biggest reasons why this speech therapy app has been a hit with stutterers across the world.
Ideal speech therapy apps have exhaustive tutorials and guidance for their speech therapy exercises. Stamurai has tutorials for over 20 speech therapy exercises, and the number keeps growing by the day.
2. No False Promises
Stamurai doesn’t promise a cure. However, with daily practice, you will find your speech fluency increasing.
You will enjoy the perks of stuttering modification and fluency shaping in a combinatorial approach.
You will experience relief from the daily struggles that stuttering brings to our lives. And, yes, you will appreciate a higher level of positive energy at work and in your personal life.
3. Building Confidence
Stamurai may not have the magic cure for stuttering you are searching for right now.
Nonetheless, you will enjoy a boost in your confidence level after you finish the speech exercises.
4. A Wide Variety of Speech Exercises
Stamurai tries to make speech exercises interesting enough for all users. Here’s what you will find in the Stamurai treasure chest:
- Reading practice: Here you get to read the content aloud, record yourself, and play it back to note precisely where you block, prolong, or repeat. It’s critical information to understand which articulators become tense during each stutter.
- Meditations for stuttering: Each person who stutters, does so differently. There cannot be a universal exercise or treatment technique for them all. Meditate with Stamurai to enhance the awareness of the speech mechanisms involved in your stutter.
- Breathing exercises: Breathing is crucial for your speech production. The tension and relaxation of articulators depend significantly on how you breathe when you talk. Get an idea of breathing mechanisms and gain better control of your breathing while you speak.
- Delayed Auditory Feedback (DAF): people who stutter are often helped by choral speech (or multiple people speaking the same thing at a time). With DAF, you hear what you are saying with a slight delay, creating an echo effect and mimicking choral speech.
- Sounds practice: Once you are more aware of your speech mechanisms and the role of articulators, you can work on particular sounds, including consonants and vowels in the beginning or middle of a word, to attain better control.
5. Customization of Treatment
Stuttering is a heterogeneous speech disorder. Your speech therapy needs may be drastically different from mine.
Stamurai takes that into consideration to develop a treatment plan tailored for you.
You can create your list of ‘featured words’ and take an emotions test to check the effect stuttering has on your mental health.
Download and sign in to receive your customized regimen of speech exercises for your very own speech therapy.
6. Daily Group Calls and Support Group
One of the unique features that many stuttering therapy apps do not provide is the support of group video calls and post-reading support groups for all users.
The best part? You don’t even have to talk. Just inform the moderator beforehand. Be online and watch/listen for as long as you like.
You don’t have to speak unless you are ready!
Since each call has a moderator, there’s no mocking or bullying. It’s a safe space for everyone who stutters. You can join from any country without any hesitation.
7. Daily Updates and Analytics
The app will get you hooked. Speech exercises won’t feel like a chore anymore.
You can spend between 20 and 40 minutes in practice every day. You can use the timer to keep track of your practice duration.
Check out the statistics section to understand your progress first-hand based on the analysis of your daily performance on Stamurai.
There’s good news, and there’s better news
If you are looking for an app that can complement your sessions with the SLP or speech therapist, then Stamurai is the right app for you.
The better news is that you will receive a bespoke speech therapy regimen. You will see your confidence grow.
You will find talking over the phone much less of a nightmare. Who knows? You may even begin to enjoy speaking in public gatherings.
An author of Namaste UI, published several articles focused on blogging, business, web design & development, e-commerce, finance, health, lifestyle, marketing, social media, SEO, travel.
For any types of queries, contact us on info[at]namasteui.com.