SEO or search engine optimization is usually perceived as a stressful source of website maintenance, but is also frequently misunderstood. Just one mistake could lead to plenty of consequences. This is why you should fully understand SEO to harness its power and use it to your website’s advantage.
In this post, you’ll learn more about SEO and how you can benefit from the power it provides.
So, what is SEO? Search engine optimization or SEO refers to an organized process to help improve unpaid, natural, free, or organic traffic in an online search. Every time an online user searches or types in words or phrases on the search box of Google, Bing, Yahoo, or any other search engine, there’s a list of search results.
Search engine optimization aims to put your web pages and your website on top of those searches based on relevant keywords aligned with your products and services. For example, if you sell smartwatches, people who type in “best smartwatch for women” or “best fitness watch for men” should see your web pages or website easily on the first page or at least the first two to three pages of search results.
Importance of SEO
When it comes to the important benefits of SEO, it’s all about strengthening your online presence. With a stronger web presence, you’ll be able to drive more people to trust your site and increase your sales.
Here are some good reasons why SEO is important:
- Increases Website Visibility: You want to make sure that every time your target audience types in any word or phrase related to your products and services, they’ll see your website in search results. If you are highly visible online, other site metrics are strengthened.
- Increases Brand Awareness: By having a visible website on search results, you’re also increasing people’s awareness about your brand. It is an impactful area of marketing because you want consumers to discover your site, click it, and engage with your brand.
- Improves Site Traffic: Along with a higher click-through rate or the number of people who clicked on your website, you want to retain more people in your website. In this way, you’ll have higher organic or unpaid traffic you can engage with, so you can promote your products and services more effectively.
- Boosts Sales: With relevant, informative, and helpful web content, you’ll be able to draw more people to your site and encourage them to do business with you. It can help boost your sales without paying too much for ads.
How to Improve Your SEO
Search engines use spider bots to crawl and index your web pages. Crawling and indexing are different things. When Googlebot looks at the code or content on a web page and performs analysis, it is called crawling.
On the other hand, indexing means that once the web page has been crawled and is eligible to appear on search results, it is ranked accordingly. So, how do you improve your SEO to increase your search engine ranking?
1. Make Your Website Viewable
Having a viewable website across all devices, like tablets, laptops, and phones are essential. Remember that load time and site speed can significantly affect the SEO process. That’s why you have to make certain that your website loads quickly. Your website should also be user-friendly, optimized, and responsive, so your site’s overall performance is impressive in order to retain more potential customers who will do business with you.
2. Install Security Features on Your Website
Encryption is vital to secure your website. If you ask for any information from your visitors, make sure that their data is encrypted and not readily exposed to cyber attackers. These details include personal or financial information, such as their full name, physical address, email address, credit card numbers, and security codes. So, obtain the SSL certification for your site, and your website should start with “https.”
3. Create Useful and Engaging Content
Creating unique, relevant, useful, and engaging content drives people to your site and encourages them to spread it across their social media and other potential marketing platforms. Diversify your content. Include infographics, videos, audio files or podcasts, and clear images.
Here are some helpful tips when creating your web content:
- Optimize Your Images: All images should be named properly and have “alt text.” For example, instead of using image_15, you can describe it as a “Blue and white striped smartwatch.”
- Optimize Your Titles: For each web page, make sure to include unique and search engine-optimized meta-titles (these summarize web content) and descriptions. For instance, it’s better to write “local plumbing services” than “page4a.”
- Create a User-friendly URL: Rather than having a “/blog/article35” Url, make it “/blog/helpful-tips-for-moms.”
- Think of Your Visitors: Write for your visitors and not for SEO. By doing so, you’ll capture the interest of visitors to convert them as paying and loyal customers. Keep yourself abreast of the latest SEO trends, so you can create relevant content that aligns with emerging topics.
4. Improve Authority With Links
Adding outbound and inbound links on your website are important in increasing website trust and authority. Whenever one web page links to another, your website provides valuable information that search engines love. This is why you have to link your web pages to trustworthy sites. Also, those who link to your site should also be reliable.
How SEO Can Help Your Business
SEO is a lifetime process once you hit the online stage. If you fail to maintain it, you’ll ruin the good reputation you’ve built from the start. That’s why if you want your business to be consistently seen on searches, make sure to create and post web content regularly, and audit your site metrics to check your progress.
Here’s how SEO can help your business:
- SEO provides more opportunities to engage with potential paying customers.
- SEO improves your ranking, so you’ll have increased chances of promoting your business to a wider customer base.
- Social media and SEO integration increase brand awareness to drive more potential customers to your website and avail of your products and services.
The power of SEO is a driving force for your website to become highly visible online. If your website is always seen on different searches, consumers think of your brand as trusted and authoritative. Your website becomes a major player in the online world. Increase your traffic, conversion, leads, and sales by utilizing the power of search engine optimization.
An author of Namaste UI, published several articles focused on blogging, business, web design & development, e-commerce, finance, health, lifestyle, marketing, social media, SEO, travel.
For any types of queries, contact us on info[at]namasteui.com.