CT stands for Computed Tomography. CT scan is also known as CAT scan. The doctors can see inside your body by CT scan. Pictures of the internal body are taken by showering X-rays and displaying them on computer. These pictures include your organs, tissues, and bones, etc. CT scan provides more information than X-rays. For any part of your body, you can get a CT scan. CT scan is mainly used to diagnose the brain, chest, neck, spine, abdomen, pelvis, etc. The procedure of CT scan doesn’t take a long time and it is a painless process. Imaging services like CT scans and MRIs may cost very high. Looking for a CT scan? Find out Affordable CT scan service near you right away.
Purpose of a CT Scan:
Doctors recommend you CT scan for various reasons:
- If you have a condition like bone fractures, muscle disorders, and joint problems, a CT scan can easily detect them and help your doctor to make the pertinent recommendations.
- If you are suffering from cancer, heart and liver diseases, by CT scan, your doctor can spot it.
- CT scan can help locate a tumor or infection.
- CT scan evaluates the extent of internal injuries and internal bleeding.
- Doctors are using CT scan to making treatment plans and procedures.
The procedure of CT Scan:
Before the procedure even starts, your doctor will give you contrast material that will help your internal structure to highlight the areas of your body which are going to be examined. This contrast material may be given to you by mouth or by injection. Your doctor may suggest you to be hungry for four to six hours. When the CT scan is going to start, you’ll be asked to wear a hospital gown and to remove metal objects like jewelry, glasses, etc. Your technologist will then ask you to lie down on the table that will slide into the CT scanner. While you will move into the scanner, the detectors will rotate around you and click pictures of your examining part of the body. The technologists will go into the control room where they can see and hear you and you can also communicate with them via intercom. They may ask you to hold your breath to avoid blurring the images. When your CT scan will over, your images will be sent to your doctor for examination. Then the doctor will explain the results. This whole process is referred to as a Professional CT scan.
- Research shows that ionizing radiation may lead to cancer. It may damage your DNA. As x-rays produce ionizing radiation, so it may be harmful to you. Out of 2000 people, only 1 can be fallen into cancer. So the risks are very small and can be neglected. If you are a child or if you are pregnant, ionizing radiation may be more harmful to you so, it is essential for you to talk to your doctor. Doctor may recommend you another exam like ultrasound which doesn’t use radiation.
- In many cases, doctors will give you contrast material before a CT scan which may result in itchiness. Sometimes it can cause rashes or allergic problems. Tell your doctor if you have allergic issues because in many cases allergic issues can be serious.
Best CT Scanners:
The CT scanners which offer the best value and provide Top CT scanning services are:
- GE Bright Speed 16.
- GE Optima 540.
- Light Speed VCT 64.
- The Takeaway.
What is a Cranial CT Scan?
A cranial CT scan is also known as a brain scan, skull scan, head scan, and sinus scan. It is used to create detailed pictures inside your head, such as your brain, skull, and eye pockets. The reasons for a cranial CT scan include skull abnormalities, birth defects, brain hemorrhage, infections, or injuries to your head or skull. Your doctor may recommend you a cranial CT scan if you are experiencing these problems.
An author of Namaste UI, published several articles focused on blogging, business, web design & development, e-commerce, finance, health, lifestyle, marketing, social media, SEO, travel.
For any types of queries, you can contact us on email@example.com.