If you don’t harness the power of social media to increase brand awareness, you’re passing up tons of engagement and conversion opportunities.
The catch is that getting your target audience to know who your brand is and stay top of mind among prospects can be a tough nut to crack.
Competition is often fierce, with countless other brands and users fighting for your audiences’ attention on social media platforms. It makes it challenging for your business to stand out and drive meaningful engagement.
Fortunately, there are actionable social media strategies to help raise your brand awareness, from sharing content on social media regularly to using hashtags for higher visibility.
Jumpstart your brand awareness efforts with the five social media marketing tips in this guide.
1. Opt for the right social media platform
Not all social media platforms are made the same.
Some social media marketing networks can be perfect for your brand awareness strategies, and others, not so much.
Choose the right platform that can best help you build your brand. Start by analyzing the strengths and weaknesses of each social network.
Look into the demographics of a platform’s user base. Consider how easy (or challenging) it can be to leverage Instagram branded content and get them to your audience’s newsfeed.
Also, determine which platform can help you create an active community of loyal customers.
Use these factors as your starting point, assess and tweak your brand awareness strategies continuously, and add more social media platforms to support your efforts.
Leverage a social media marketing platform that lets you manage your content, marketing efforts, and initiatives to drive brand awareness across multiple networks seamlessly.
Vista Social offers an all-in-one solution that simplifies your content publishing, engagement, and other social media marketing efforts all from one platform.
For instance, you can plan, organize, and create your brand awareness and schedule them to auto-publish on peak times and dates for optimum engagement.
Image source: vistasocial.com.
You won’t need to go on each social network manually to create and share your posts to connect with your audience and drive brand awareness.
Vista Social also offers other sophisticated social media marketing features such as social listening, reviews management, and analytics and reporting.
2. Produce high quality and authentic content
One of the best ways to drive brand awareness is posting and sharing valuable, entertaining, and memorable content.
Excellent social media content that resonates with your audience can help you engage them better and make your brand stand out from other companies.
For example, post compelling, unique visual content to draw your audience’s attention to your social feed and, in turn, your brand.
Consider these quick tips to create captivating and engaging social media content.
- Stick to each social media platform’s required and recommended dimensions and design your content accordingly. Doing so helps you optimize your creatives to drive engagement and awareness.
- Keep your texts to a minimum, especially for visual-heavy platforms such as Instagram or Pinterest. It helps you avoid overcrowding your visual content while highlighting the essential elements in your posts, such as your Call-to-Action (CTA).
The Instagram post from Qisabags, a brand that sells handmade leather bags, is a classic example.
Image source: instagram.com.
- Avoid including too many branding elements in your content, as it can seem overly promotional and tacky. Instead, strike a good balance and write amazing content by keeping your content captivating and compelling while still on-brand.
3. Develop a persona for your brand
Your brand personality helps set your business
apart from other brands and social media users.
Develop a brand voice that conveys the persona you want your audiences to see your business as, including establishing your brand voice.
Consider visualizing what you want your brand to sound like, whether humorous, formal, casual, etc. while establishing a persona that can resonate with your target audience.
If you have multiple audience groups, consider developing a flexible brand voice (or specific voices) that can work well across various segments.
If you use various social media platforms to target specific audience groups, know which tones to use in your content that can work best in each network.
Below are several examples of tones to produce and market content for your brand awareness initiatives.
- Instagram. Humorous, bold, emotional, and creative
- Facebook. Deep, thrilling, light-hearted, deep, passionate, and intense
- LinkedIn. Direct, crisp, clear, and professional
- Twitter. Bold, witty, and sarcastic
For instance, Wendy’s is known for being witty, sassy, and funny on social media, especially on Twitter. The brand’s Tweet below is an oldie but a goodie.
Image source: twitter.com.
Remember to assess your social media content and efforts to raise brand awareness.
Ensure your content tracking strategy includes monitoring your goals and metrics to determine whether you’re meeting your objectives and where and how you’re succeeding or failing.
4. Work with influencers
Raising your brand awareness doesn’t mean you have to do everything yourself. Be strategic by working with social media influencers.
Influencers can significantly impact their followers and your target audiences actions and buying decisions, making them excellent people to collaborate with to boost your brand awareness.
Learn from these influencer marketing tips to help drive awareness for your brand.
- Host giveaways with influencers. Create excitement around your brand and boost awareness by hosting contests and giveaways with influencers. For instance, influencers you work with can create Instagram Stories and posts announcing your contest.
The sponsored giveaway announcement from influencer @iambrianadai is a classic example.
Image source: instagram.com.
- Run influencer takeovers. Let an influencer take over your Instagram or Facebook account and post and share content for your brand for a few hours or days. It’s an excellent way to tap into the influencers’ following while getting more exposure for your brand.
5. Increase your visibility with hashtags
When used strategically, hashtags can help get your posts, pages, and other content in front of your target audiences.
Hashtags can boost your brand’s social media visibility, increasing your content’s reach and helping you connect with and engage more potential customers.
Optimize your hashtag strategy with these tips.
- Keep your hashtags straightforward and relevant. For instance, if you share content about your Search Engine Optimization services, use relevant hashtags, including keywords such as Buy SEO articles in your post.
- Use trending keywords in your niche or industry.
- Avoid including too many hashtags. Know the industry standard and test what works best for your brand awareness and content strategies.
- Use reliable hashtag research and generator tools to find relevant hashtags for your social media posts easily.
Leverage social media marketing for brand awareness
While raising your brand awareness doesn’t happen overnight, you can get off to a good start with the tips in this guide. Leverage the social platforms that work best for your efforts, create compelling content, establish a brand persona, collaborate with influencers, and be strategic with hashtags for better visibility and searchability across social channels.
An author of Namaste UI, published several articles focused on blogging, business, web design & development, e-commerce, finance, health, lifestyle, marketing, social media, SEO, travel.
For any types of queries, contact us on info[at]namasteui.com.