If you have tried to perform Search Engine Optimization (SEO) on your own, you would agree that it is not only a time-consuming task but it also takes up an intensive amount of effort as well. Optimizing a website yourself requires the domain knowledge and some technical HTML fundamentals. If you are totally new in the web industry, perhaps you need an SEO Consultant to help you out. The following are a few factors for you to consider before you go and engage a consultant.
The first thing to consider is cost. SEO can be expensive if you are targeting very competitive keywords or single-board keyword that attracts hundreds of thousands of people online. A typical range that people charge for SEO is in the range of thousands per month and it takes time for you to see the results because Search Engines need some time to re-index your site and re-calculate the rankings. If you have a tight budget, you may not have the bandwidth to hire an SEO Consultant as yet.
Second, you need to consider how long you will be targeting that set of keywords. If this is going to be a short-term project to promote an event, I would suggest you go for Pay-Per-Click marketing and use programs such as Google AdWords or Yahoo search marketing instead. This is simply because natural optimization takes about two to three months to see the results and certain campaigns cannot afford to wait that long.
You may also want to take into account that if you are hiring an SEO Consultant, you will need to engage their help over and over again for each new project. This can be very budget intensive if your business runs a lot of campaigns. If this is the case, I would suggest you invest some resources and pick up SEO as an in-house skill for your team. You can assign several of your team members to learn SEO and then apply the knowledge to your own site. This can take time but the investment you put in will definitely worthwhile in the long term especially when you need to optimize for many projects for the Search Engines.
Why Do You Need an SEO Consultant?
Online businesses are getting prominence and are being noticed with each passing day. In fact, any kind of business today knows the importance of having an active online presence to reach out to more numbers of customers. And the first step towards making an online presence is having a website. Along with being well designed and having relevant content, the website should be properly optimized. Without proper search engine optimization (SEO), the website will not appear in the top results when search with keywords is done. Many people believe that SEO is a simple thing and can be handled on one’s own. But, there are many technical aspects of SEO, which only professionals can handle. There are many companies offering SEO service to customers as per their requirements.
Mentioned below are some advantages that can be obtained by hiring an SEO company or agency:
- Getting expertise assistance regarding SEO – SEO involves various kinds of tools and techniques, which a common man might not be well aware of. Even if he knows, he might not be able to use and implement the same properly for best results. This is where an SEO agency comes into the picture. The SEO professionals have thorough knowledge regarding the techniques that need to be implemented for successful results. However, the SEO industry is extremely dynamic and formulas and ranking criteria keep on changing. The algorithms of leading search engines keep on changing from time to time and SEO techniques need to be adjusted as per that. A professional SEO consultant will be well aware of the changes.
- The website sees great results – Hiring a creative agency for taking care of your website’s SEO needs is a smart move. With proper SEO, your website will be making its place among the top search engine results pages (SERPs). SEO helps in giving the website the required exposure so that it reaches out to more numbers of people and becomes a brand. With search engine optimization, the website will target the most relevant keywords, will be able to load quickly and will be able to compete smartly with other competitors in the market. If the SEO of the website is done properly, the application of other marketing tactics can be minimized.
- Helps the business owner in concentrating on the main business – SEO takes lots of time, energy and patience. As a businessman, investing time in SEO jobs is not desirable as other important works get hampered. As mentioned previously, there are many things that need to be taken care of in SEO and these take time and concentration. Outsourcing this job to a reliable SEO company will leave time for the businessman so that he can concentrate on his main business. The businessman will also be relieved from the stress as to how the website is doing as these things will be taken care of by the SEO company only.
- Helps in bringing more revenue for the business – Online businesses are completely dependent on their websites. And if the website is not suitably optimized, it will not be able to able to do business in the way it is intended to. A well-optimized website helps in earning more revenue for the business. With more and more people finding the website with relevant keyword search, a brisk business can be done and higher revenues can be earned. Overall SEO proves to boost business in all ways possible.
- Get additional services with SEO Company – If you are lucky in finding the best SEO company, assume that you are blessed. This is because such a company will not only provide services regarding SEO; it will offer many additional services as well. Majority of online marketing needs can be handled by the company along with advertising, web design, inbound and outbound marketing, website content and similar services. In fact, many of these services are available at highly discounted rates, without quality compromise.
With so many benefits, there is no way but to hire the best agency offering high-quality SEO services to customers at most reasonable rates.