As you have been writing css for several years day by day you are getting new things that you have never used previously.
Each and every well trained front-end developer feature-tests before using any features which a browser may not have. This feature testing has always done with scripting, and most of the people use Modernizr, an impressive utility packed with loads of well-tested routines, to do that feature testing.
Read Also: 5 CSS tricks for responsive design
Here are some CSS Facts:
- Not only text, you can add color property to other elements also like body, anchor.
- Set “collapse” as a visibility Property i.e. same as hidden except table rows.
- Few more values are in background Shorthand Property.
background: [background-image] [background-color] [background-repeat]
[background-position] / [ background-size] [background-attachment] [background-clip] [background-origin];
- Only on Absolutely Positioned Elements clip Property Works.
- Vertical Percentages are not relative to container height.
- text-decoration property is just a shorthand.
- border-width property accepts keyword values i.e. medium, thin, and thick.
- Have you heard about border-image? All modern browsers except IE10 and below supports this.
- the empty-cells Property tells the browser whether to show or hide table cells which have no content.
- font-style: oblique; represents slanted text, but not a true italic.
- word-wrap is as same as overflow-wrap.