A digital asset is any content a brand preserves in a digital format. It’s what a brand uses to connect with its audience. Examples of these assets include ads, images, videos, logos, brochures, frequently used fonts, and documents.
Nowadays, companies possess more digital assets than ever, and they’re being utilized across many diverse outlets by various people. Statistics show that approximately 71% of marketers create digital assets 10 timesmore than they did in the past, hence the need for digital asset management (DAM).
DAM is the process of creating, organizing, storing, retrieving, and managing these digital files. Asset management systems have powerful search and collaboration tools that make it easy for anyone on your team to find, use, and work on all your media instantly and at any time. You can easily share your content with your audience once you’re all set.
In addition to enabling proper management of your digital files, DAM systems offer other aspects you may want to learn about. Here’s a guide you can consider perusing:
Why DAM Software Is Best For Managing Your Digital Assets
Using hard drives, Dropbox, or internal servers (document management systems) to manage your digital files is possible. However, these options may not be the best for your business when handling marketing material because they lack filter searches for media like videos.
For better efficiency, you can consider digital asset management software like Bynder alternatives, which are more than just cloud solutions. These platforms are user-friendly and specifically designed to help marketers and creators manage and distribute all brand assets. They’ve been custom-tailored to manage your digital assets more effectively.
A common problem that DAM software solves is the asset hunt by organizing messy documents, 3D files, and media like videos, making them more searchable, discoverable, and usable for everyone.
The search function of DAM software is based on the tag structure rather than a document’s structure in DMS methods. Hence, you only have to type in the tag, and everything related to it will appear on your screen. A DAM software solution also has a filter search primarily devoted to images and videos, making it more efficient.
Types Of Digital Asset Management
Different types of digital asset management systems serve various purposes. With these systems, companies and consumers can perform workflow and project management activities accordingly. Some of the types of digital asset management systems include:
- Brand management systems: These systems are designed to help companies maintain a consistent brand identity across various marketing and sales channels. Brand management systems enable businesses to store, organize, and access digital assets such as logos, graphics, product images, promotional materials, and other marketing collateral in a centralized location.
- Library management systems: These DAM systems focus on the storage and organization of digital media files, such as photos, videos, and audio recordings. Library management systems enable users to quickly locate specific media assets by using metadata and tagging features.
- On-demand-content management systems: As the demand for streaming services continues to grow, on-demand-content management systems have become increasingly important for digital providers.
There are many other types of DAM systems you can use in your business, depending on your specific needs.
Benefits Of Digital Asset Management
There are immense benefits to using digital asset management, such as:
- Allowing companies, contractors, clients, and other stakeholders to manage and control their digital content conveniently.
- Ease of implementation.
- Accessing your digital assets anytime, even using a digital asset management app.
- Storing files in a central location for easy accessibility.
- Limiting duplicate content.
- Providing better control over data.
- Backing up data on the cloud.
- Saving time because you won’t spend long periods searching for missing files.
- Offering version control to ensure you don’t use outdated assets.
- Easily categorizing and filtering digital files.
- Integrating well with other systems.
- Scaling your business over time.
- Safely storing media files on remote DAM servers rather than in-office locations like hard drives.
- Reducing the risk of data breaches.
- Making it easier to track digital content that develops across different departments in your company and distribute it to various outlets for publication.
These advantages of using cloud-based digital asset management systems enhance the productivity and efficiency of your business.
Investing in digital asset software may be initially expensive, but it will help you save on costs in the long run. You’ll likely recover the amount you’ve spent on investment because this management system enables you to use fewer resources and time.
Moreover, having the DAM system will help your team streamline their processes, collaborate efficiently, and deliver content quickly. The digital asset management system is your platform to manage your brand’s content consistently and confidently!
An author of Namaste UI, published several articles focused on blogging, business, web design & development, e-commerce, finance, health, lifestyle, marketing, social media, SEO, travel.
For any types of queries, contact us on info[at]namasteui.com.