Driving on busy roads can be quite stressful and overwhelming, especially for new drivers. Driving during rush hour can make it extra challenging as well, even for experienced drivers. If you’re unlucky, you may find yourself dealing with serious car accidents that can result in stress and injury.
The best way to avoid accidents? Defensive driving. Defensive driving won’t just keep you safe, but it can potentially save the lives of other people on the road as well. However, there’s more to defensive driving than just keeping your eyes on the road.
The California car accident lawyers from Arash Law understand the stress and the pain car accident victims go through. Which is why we have prepared a list that can help you avoid major car accidents from occuring. Here are five helpful tips on how to travel safely on busy streets:
Prepare your vehicle
Before traveling, it’s important to check your car beforehand. Is it ready to endure the dangers on the road? Have a checklist prepared if you can. Expert California car accident lawyers encourage you to check your:
- Gas (if you have enough for the day)
- Tire pressure
- Belts, caps, hoses, and filters
- Lights, signals, all wiper blades, and windshield wiper fluid
Keep your distance
When driving during rush hour or if you’re stuck in a traffic jam, some drivers tend to forget to distance themselves from the vehicle in front of them. No matter what situation you’re in, California car accident lawyers advise you to always follow the two-second rule. All drivers must be at least two seconds behind the vehicle in front of them to avoid tailgating. Failing to do so can result in catastrophic and sometimes even fatal consequences.
Have an emergency kit prepared
Whether it’s just a quick drive to do errands or a long drive to work, you should always have an emergency kit ready for you to use. California car accident lawyers suggest that you make sure you have the necessary emergency supplies, such as jumper cables, a spare tire, and a first aid kit at all times in your vehicle.
It’s also important to have a copy of your insurance information in your vehicle if an accident occurs.
Regardless of the weather, it’s important to stay vigilant and keep your eyes on the road. Minimize distractions, lower the volume from your radio if you have to. Driving on the road can be unpredictable, especially if a reckless driver were to come in your way suddenly. Being aware of what’s going on around you can potentially save your life.
Follow basic roadway etiquette.
As a driver, you should be aware of basic roadway etiquette and follow it religiously to avoid conflict and accidents on the road. Here are some basic roadway etiquettes you need to follow:
- Respecting people’s right of way. Even if you are in a hurry, you must never cut in front of another vehicle as this increases your chances of getting into a serious accident.
- Always wear a seatbelt. It doesn’t matter if you’re going on a short drive. You must always wear your seatbelt when you’re driving. It might seem insignificant, but seatbelts can protect you from sustaining serious injuries during an accident.
- Never exceed the speeding limit. The speeding limit exists for a reason. Exceeding the speeding limit won’t only endanger your life, but the lives of the people on the road as well. The faster you move, the harder it is to hit your brakes if another vehicle, person, or animal comes in your way. High-speed collisions are one of the deadliest types of car accidents as the impact can cause fatal injuries.
- Do not drive while you are drunk or tired. Driving while you are drunk or over-fatigue may impair your judgment and can affect the way you drive. If you are feeling unwell, it is best not to attempt to drive anymore. Driving while under the influence of alcohol is also punishable by law and can cost you your license.
Arash Law is an Elite Injury Law Firm in California You Can Trust
Arash Law is a law firm that is highly focused on vehicle accidents and all forms of personal injury. California car accident lawyers are highly experienced and trained to assist you with your claim. For questions and inquiries, call (888) 488-1391 today and speak directly with a California car accident lawyer. Consultations are always completely free!
An author of Namaste UI, published several articles focused on blogging, business, web design & development, e-commerce, finance, health, lifestyle, marketing, social media, SEO, travel.
For any types of queries, you can contact us on email@example.com.