In today’s world, consumer expectations continue to grow day by day. Most buyers no longer rely on the physical environment to make important purchase decisions. Instead, they want to access relevant product information online, make an order, and pay for it. Therefore, as a business owner, you’ll want to capitalize on digital marketing strategies to connect with your prospective customers and allow them to interact with your brand online.
One of the most efficient digital promotion methods is SEO marketing. This involves optimizing your website to rank higher on major search engines like Google. This way, potential customers can easily find you when they search for commodities or services related to your niche. With increased visibility, you can garner positive attention from your audience and cultivate a long-lasting relationship. For more information on SEO marketing, consider booking an industry SEO speaker to provide educational facts to all your company stakeholders.
That said, here are four new SEO techniques for 2022:
1. Consider Content Freshness
Fresh, high-quality content created specifically for your target audience can significantly boost your rankings. It includes generating new posts and updating any of your old content to increase your page’s relevance. Google estimates freshness based on the following aspects:
- The site’s inception date
- The number of modifications made on the updated page, especially on core content
- The frequency of new page creation
- The freshness of your backlinks
Also, don’t forget that there are specific searches commonly referred to as Query Deserves Freshness (QDF) that generally demand freshness. For such topics, search engines usually show the most recent results. They include:
- Any recent hot topics like celebrity news
- Recurring events such as presidential elections
- Niches with frequent updates such as the technology space
- Always changing information such as product reviews
Therefore, to have an upper hand on rankings, it’d help to always keep your audience updated with the latest trends, especially if you’re dealing with QDF queries.
2. Use Rich Inbound Links
As users read through your content, they’ll likely want to know more about a product or service. Therefore, consider building efficient internal links that can guide them to the most important pages. This is a perfect way to prompt action and keep your users informed so they remain on your site for more answers.
Besides, rich inbound links, which are not placed in a spammy way, signal to search engines that your site is a hub of useful information.
Below are some tips for building rich internal links:
- Focus on high authority links: These are considered additional resources that can provide users with reliable content. Also, they’re mostly backed by statistical evidence thus providing your readers with accurate facts.
- Use targeted anchor texts: For effective interlinking, use relevant keywords in your clickable text. Note that you also shouldn’t over-optimize the anchor text. For instance, it’s best to avoid using the same keyword for all your anchor texts.
- Add navigational links: You can increase the value of your essential pages by including navigation links on your website. This serves to inform search engines that you’d want your visitors to access these sites, so they’ll consider them vital.
- Hierarchical linking: Consider linking the parent and child pages to help search engines understand that the two are related.
3. Optimize Your Images
One of the most common searches on the internet are images of products or services. That being the case, you’d want to drive user engagement and increase the accessibility of your pages by adding optimized photos to your content. Here are some ways to optimize your images:
- Compress your photos to reduce their weight and ensure they don’t affect page load time.
- Use image title tags with targeted keywords.
- Upload high-quality images that aren’t fuzzy.
- Add alt texts to describe your images and the content surrounding them to search engines.
4. Explore Creative Ways To Improve User Experience
Search engines evaluate organic click-through rate, bounce rate, and dwell time as part of ranking factors. A user leaving your site in five seconds is an indication that they’re not pleased with your content. On the other hand, if you have good dwell time, it means there’s good user experience.
You can increase dwell time by:
- Having catchy introductions that compel users to take action
- Writing engrossing titles and description tags
- Improving your page load speed
- Adding interactive features (e.g. a chatbot) to your page
- Including video or audio clips in your content to increase user engagement levels
- Ensuring seamless navigation within your site
SEO marketing has become part and parcel of many companies’ promotion strategies. It has proven to be a valuable asset when it comes to establishing an authoritative digital presence. As a business owner, you’d want to make good use of this marketing strategy and set yourself up for success. While at it, be sure to adopt the above important SEO techniques for optimal ranking.
Boyd Jordan is an SEO specialist with over 12 years of industry experience. He writes blogs to share his knowledge in his field. During his free time, Boyd enjoys playing golf and boating with friends.