Making a website rather than mobile view is easy but now a days you must have to build the view on mobile also. You need to know some CSS tricks.
Here are some CSS tricks which will help you to maintain responsive design:
- Word wrap is necessary to forcefully break the text into new line instead of running in a single line.
- Using Overflow:hidden you can clear the float from previous element and keep the content available withing the container.
- For responsive design min and max width is to prevent the element from extending the boundary.
- For any video embed file always make the video fit for different size.
- Relative Margin, Relative Font Size and Relative Padding simplifies the css and maximize the proper responsive layout.
For better experience know the difference between em and px.